You can impact the lives of people in need by organizing a fundraising event in your community, school or workplace in support of The Ottawa Mission. Thanks to the generous support of community partners like you, we are able to offer the basics of food, shelter & clothing as well as life-changing programs like job training, addiction treatment, medical and dental care, and so much more. Your support keeps our doors open 24/7, 365 days a year.
Each year, people from across Ottawa step forward to plan fundraising events with friends, family, and colleagues that will, in turn, offer hope to someone in need. No event is too big or too small. Together, we can continue to provide much-needed care for people who are homeless, hungry and hurting. We’ve put together a wealth of resources to assist you in your planning, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Here are some examples of different fundraising events to provide you with inspiration!
- World Hunger Day May 28th. Hold a fundraising dinner party or pancake breakfast - any event with a food focus - to raise funds that will feed others who are hungry and homeless. Our average meal price at The Ottawa Mission is $3.47, so you could set a goal of how many meals you’d like to buy for people at our shelter.
- Hold a bake sale at your school, church or workplace that people can contribute to and have the satisfaction of knowing their delicious baked goods will help someone in need.
- Choose your own physical, mental or personal challenge and ask your friends and family to support your efforts by donating to The Ottawa Mission to help people who are homeless overcome their own challenges.
- Celebrate a birthday, wedding, anniversary, or life milestone by raising funds for The Ottawa Mission in lieu of gifts.
- Host a sporting event like a baseball or golf tournament to raise funds for people staying at The Ottawa Mission.
- Host an “A-thon”- Read-a-thon, bike-a-thon, hoola-hoop-a-thon. You can make anything a fundraiser! Use our Ottawa Mission Pledge Form to collect your donations.